Cannabutter Jolly Rancher
If you are getting interested in making hard candy with cannabutter and wondering what it is, don’t be intimidated with the name! Basically Cannabutter Jolly Rancher.(s) are simply flavored Sugar candies! Weed jolly ranchers recipe is really very easy to make and is an excellent edible to have prepared and always available! This is because it is really easy to eat and it stores practically forever! Since this recipe is for Cannabutter Jolly Rancher Candies, what we will be showing you is a version that uses Cannabutter but this can also be made using ground up weed or kief. Both versions will come out spectacular but we just prefer this because of it’s smoother texture. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get this going and create our own batch of Cannabis infused Jolly Rancher Candies!
Cannabutter Jolly Rancher Recipe
2/3 Cups Cannabutter (See our Cannabutter Recipe) (You can use kief as well)
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2/3 Cup Light Corn Syrup
Things you’ll need
Non-stick oil spray
How to Make Cannabutter Jolly Rancher
1.) Prepare and make your Cannabis butter first. (Click this link to see Cannabutter recipe).
2.) Prepare your tools by coating them with the non-stick spray. Coat all your tools including the spatula and measuring cups and spoons (This will give you an easier time dealing with the corn syrup and sugar)
3.) Sift your sugar to ensure fine consistency of the Cannabis Jolly Rancher. In your large Saucepan pour in white sugar,corn syrup and water and mix a little bit. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and position the thermometer. Let it boil until the sugar has melted thoroughly and let it reach 260 degrees F.
4.) Once you are a few degrees before you reach the correct temperature around 240 degrees F, you can now add the food coloring. (whatever you prefer) and still do not mix the liquid sugar.
5.) Remove from heat once it reaches 300 degrees F and add in your preferred flavoring.
6.) Add Cannabutter or Kief and Mix everything well using a whisk for the next 2 mins or until the mixture cools down for a little bit.
7.) Prepare your molds by coating it with the non stick spray for easy unmolding later on.
8.) Pour your weed jolly ranchers warm liquid mixture into the molds. (The liquid candy hardens pretty fast so you have to be quick in doing this)
9.) Set the molds aside and let this cool down and harden. Prepare your table for unmolding by sprinkling generous amounts of powdered sugar on the table. (This is so that the stick Cannabis infused candies will not stick together.)
10.) Unmold your Cannabutter Jolly Rancher Candies on the powdered sugar and make sure each one is coated with it to ensure they don’t stick together and Viola! Store in a dry container and take this with you for a dose of Cannabis whenever or wherever you are! Enjoy!Want to know how to make Cannabutter Jolly Rancher at home? Read here to learn more and see our quick and easy Cannabutter Jolly Rancher Recipe!
How to Make Jolly Rancher Marijuana Edibles
How to Make Jolly Rancher Marijuana Edibles
One of the most popular categories of marijuana edibles are marijuana hard candies such as marijuana Jolly Ranchers. The appeal is quite apparent: You get a high that’s as strong and long-lasting as normal edibles, but get to enjoy a deliciously sweet hard candy in the process.
Some also like the fact that given you consume a Jolly Rancher over the course of 10-25 minutes and not within a couple minutes like a small-to-medium marijuana cookie, the high has an even more gradual onset than standard edibles.
Luckily, making marijuana Jolly Ranchers isn’t near as difficult as you might think. It also doesn’t take near as long – or take near as much cannabis – as you may think.
All that said, let’s cut to the chase and tell you how to make it!
Marijuana Jolly Rancher Recipe
There are two primary ways you can make marijuana-infused Jolly Ranchers. One is to use actual Jolly Ranchers, and one involves making your own jolly ranchers using ingredients like corn syrup.
In this article, we’ll cover both.
1. Marijuana Jolly Ranchers Using Real Jolly Ranchers
Here is how to make marijuana Jolly Ranchers using real Jolly Ranchers (though obviously similar off-brand versions of the candy would also work):
– A standard sized bag of Jolly Ranchers (3.8oz bag)
– A quarter cup of water
– 2-4 tablespoons of marijuana tincture
– Using a coffee grinder or something similar like a really strong blender, grind up the Jolly Ranchers until they’re broken into very small pieces. I recommend using just 1 color at a time otherwise you can end up with some weird color mixtures, some that aren’t all that appetizing.
– Heat the Jolly Ranchers in the water on the stove in a pot over medium-high heat until the candy has mixed evenly with the water and liquefied
– Remove from the heat and mix in the marijuana tincture. For lightly potent marijuana Jolly Ranchers use around 2 tablespoons of moderately potent tincture, and ad more depending on how potent you’d like it to be
– Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow it to harden or place into a small rubber ice tray. Let cool.
– Break into smaller pieces as you see fit
This is really the easiest way to make an infused cannabis Jolly Rancher candy that gives you the most control in terms of texture. Also the flavor will be nearly identical to the original albeit slightly diluted due to the water added.
2. Marijuana Jolly Ranchers Using Homemade Jolly Ranchers
This is more like creating the Jolly Ranchers texture from scratch however it will be difficult to replicate the flavor of the standard candy.
– 2 cups of sugar
– 2/3rd cups of light corn syrup
What to do:
– Mix together all of the ingredients other than the flavoring
– Heat in a pot on a stove (stirring often) for 6-8 minutes
– Remove the stove and add in the flavoring (see below)
– Pour the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. If you want to get the right shape, consider using a small rubber ice cube tray.
– Remove from the freezer and break it into small pieces as you see fit
For flavoring, we recommend LorAnn brand and in terms of quantity it all depends on personal preference. Try one of these:How to Make Jolly Rancher Marijuana Edibles How to Make Jolly Rancher Marijuana Edibles One of the most popular categories of marijuana edibles are marijuana hard candies such as marijuana ]]>