Cannabis Herbal Liniment :: For Fast, Effective Topical Pain Relief
Last Updated on March 26, 2019 by Andrea
linвЂўiвЂўment [ lГnnЙ™mЙ™nt ]
pain-relieving liquid rub: a liquid rubbed into the skin to relieve aches or pain, e.g. one containing alcohol and camphor
As defined above, a liniment is an external application that is rubbed into the skin primarily for the purposes of pain relief — and my Cannabis Herbal Liniment recipe was created with herbal alliesВ full of super potent anti-inflammatory + analgesic properties!
When combined into a liniment, these magical plant spirits can ::
- be massage into muscles, both before and after physical activity for immediate soothing relief
- stimulate circulation
- soothe and heal bruising
- relieve the pain of rheumatoid arthritis and gout
- alleviate tension headaches
- reduce the healing time for injuries
- strengthen, protect, and prepare the body for and during exertion
- repair overworked muscles, tendon injuries, and sprains
- act as an anti-inflammatory by reducing inflammation and relieving the associated pain and swelling
- provide really relief from fibromyalgia symptoms
- reduce the itching and inflammation caused by insect bites
- heal skin eruptions of any kind (i.e. acne, etc.)
- CBD-rich cannabis flowers + trim (sugar leaf)
- arnica flowers
- comfrey root
- helichrysum flowers
- St. JohnвЂ™s wort
- devilвЂ™s claw root
- ginger root
- cayenne pepper
- turmeric root
…are all well-known for theirВ anti-inflammatory,В analgesic,В sedative,В antispasmodic, andВ anti-microbialВ properties.
This magical healing liniment is must-have forВ anyone suffering from pain!
Click this link to find my recipe
for the Peaceful Warrior Cannabis Salve.
There you will find where I share my method for an oil infusion.
Cannabis Herbal Liniment
*Use organics whenever possible. I have linked to the products I personally use and recommend.
- herbal blend, enough to fill a quart-sized glass mason jar 2/3 fullВ (I use a combination of CBD-rich, indica-dominantВ cannabis flowers + trim, [you can purchase “legal in all 50 states”В CBD-rich hemp flowersВ here if you live in a state without medical marijuana laws], arnica flowers, comfrey root, helichrysum flowers, St. JohnвЂ™s wort, devilвЂ™s claw root, ginger root, cayenne pepper, and turmeric rootвЂ¦use whatever you have on hand. Please note :: The cannabis/CBD-rich hemp + arnica are the secret to this liniment! Use these two if you use nothing else.)
- isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), enough to cover
*Herbal liniments are made in exactly the same way as a tincture. Read more about herbal tincturing here…
- In a quart-sized glass mason jar combine all of the herbs you have chosen to use. Note: For the best medicine, use a grinder or similar object to grind all herbs to a fine consistency.
- Pour isopropyl alcohol over the plant material to fill the jar, leaving an inch of head space.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place lid tightly on jar and let mixture stand in a warm location.
- Let jar stand for at least 4 weeks (6 weeks is awesome too), shake well every day.
- After 4-6 weeks of steeping, strain the liniment well using a piece of unbleached cheesecloth and re-bottle.В Note: Be sure to clearly label for EXTERNAL USE ONLY. And store in a cool, dark place.
Apply the liniment every few minutes for an hour or two in acute instances. Otherwise, use freely until desired results are achieved.
Tips for UseВ
-I like to re-bottle my liniment into these roll top glass bottles for ease of use.
-By applying the liniment to the temples, back of the neck, and to the forehead it can be used as an excellent remedy for a headache.
-Apply to painful and swollen joints to relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
-Useful as a treatment for athleteвЂ™s foot. Apply frequently and saturate the affected area thoroughly.
-It also seems to be extremely effective in the treatment of acne!
-Simply apply directly onto skin and massage into sore muscles for instant relief.
Note: Naturally the resultsВ will beВ different for everyone. This is by no means a cure-all. IвЂ™m just happy to share with you my experience with these plants and/or oils. Please use conventional wisdom and consult with your medical professional prior to using this or any other herbal remedy.В And as we know all too well the FDA doesnвЂ™t like any type of claimвЂ¦therefore, take it for what it is, and remember, this information isВ purely educational in its purpose.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my knowledge-sharing/writing/blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.Frugally Sustainable is a resource for all things natural, frugal, and sustainable. If you like DIY and are bit “crunchy”, this site is for you! ]]>