THC Jello Shots
Okay guys, I’ve created quite possibly my favorite recipe of all time…THC JELLO SHOTS. In college I enjoyed alcoholic Jello shots a little too much, but since I don’t really enjoy consuming alcohol anymore, I decided to bring cannabis into the mix.
They are super easy to make and you can make them in cute little orange slices, or set them in a shot glass! If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can top with whipped cream and Halloween sprinkles!
If you’re like me and are a little scared of Jell-O brand Jello, head to your nearest organic supermarket and get the equivalent. I enjoyed Natural Simply Delish Jel Desserts – plus, they’re vegan!
Also, feel free to use any brand of THC gummy you’d like in this recipe! I’ve tried it with Kiva Camino Gummies and it worked out great!
You can view the original post on the Blüm Freely blog here.
Total Servings: 16 shots
THC per serving:
Total Time: 4 hours and 5 minutes
Jell-O shot vessel: oranges or shot glass
1 3-oz package Jell-O (I used orange for Halloween)
1 100mg package THC gummy of choice
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
If using oranges, slice them in half and scoop out the flesh. Set rinds aside.
Add THC gummies to boiling water and stir until dissolved.
Add Jell-O to boiling water mixture and stir until mix has dissolved. Then stir in cold water.
Pour mixture into shot glasses. If using oranges, place the rinds in a baking dish and anchor with popsicle sticks so they are stable and don’t fall over when you start pouring. Pour Jell-O liquid into rind.
Place Jell-O mixture into the fridge and let set for about 4 hours. Optional: top Jell-O shots with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Okay guys, I've created quite possibly my favorite recipe of all time…THC JELLO SHOTS. In college I enjoyed alcoholic Jello shots a little too much, but since I don't really enjoy consuming alcohol anymore, I decided to bring cannabis into the mix. They are super easy to make and you can make them in cute…
How to make cannabis infused jello shooters
Cannabis edibles have a few months left before they will be introduced to the market, but in the meantime, consumers can get their fill with homemade goods without breaking any laws. Unfortunately, even once they do appear on shelves across Canada, we still won’t have access to choices that are infused with both alcohol and pot, as the latest regulations entirely prohibit the making or sales of products that contain both elements. A lot of people are accustomed to the effects of marijuana when combined with alcohol, and in general, it makes sense to seek out healthier ways to consume it than traditional smoking. To help those who enjoy or would like to try the effects of marijuana with a little something extra, we give you an easy step by step guide on how to make cannabis-infused jello shooters from scratch.
Types of alcohol that can be used for extraction
Usually, when you make cannabis edibles, it requires a process called decarboxylation. This process converts the THCA into THC, which is necessary as it provides the euphoric sensations that we are looking to achieve. Normally this is done with extreme amounts of heat, but alcohol works just as well in this conversion, it is just time-consuming. The higher the percentage of alcohol content, the more effective it will be at extracting the terpenes and cannabinoids from the plant materials, but technically almost any type of alcohol can be used here. The most popular choices for jello shooters are typically vodka, gin, or whiskey.
Cannabis Tincture recipe
Tinctures should always be made with the highest proof alcohol available for the most potent results, but the additional requirement is worth it as these marijuana products can be added to recipes to create cannabis edibles, mixed directly into your favorite cocktails, or ingested in shot form.
Takes: 4 weeks
Makes: 750ml of tincture
- 750ml of alcohol
- 1 oz of cannabis (or more)
- 2 sealable mason jars
- 1 elastic
- 1 cookie sheet
- Pack the mason jar full of dry cannabis plant materials but be sure to leave at least one inch of breathing room from the opening of the container.
- Pour the alcohol overtop of the bud and be sure to add enough to completely cover the marijuana. If pieces remain above the liquid, they will not have their cannabinoids and terpenes extracted.
- Once you are satisfied with the full mason jar, it’s time to seal it up and store it in a cool dark place for 3-4 weeks. This much time is required to fully extract the botanicals from the plant materials, so be patient, and try to prepare well in advance of any big party or gathering, so you don’t feel rushed, as the quality and potency will not be the same if you choose to use it too soon.
- Remove the jar from its storage area twice a day to shake the contents together, before placing it back into darkness.
- After four weeks have passed, the hardest part of making these cannabis edibles is almost over. Simply remove the jar from storage, open it up, place a layer or two of cheesecloth over top of the spout, and use an elastic to hold it into place.
- Now get your second jar ready and pour the liquid slowly into it.
- Once the first plant material jar is empty, you can use the cheesecloth to squeeze out any juices that have been absorbed by the plant materials before disposing of it. This ensures that you get every last drop to use.
- Either seal the mason jar and store it in darkness until you are ready to use it or move on to the next step in making cannabis-infused jello shooters.
iStock / Bychykhin Olexandr
Marijuana shooters recipe
The best part about this cannabis edibles recipe is that you can make it any flavor or color you want, and if you choose a colorless flavoring than you can make a whole rainbow worth of the same flavored jello shooters with minimal effort that will be sure to wow your guests.
Takes: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Makes: 4 cups of cannabis-infused jello
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused tincture
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 2 3-ounce packages of flavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon of lime
- food coloring
- 1 measuring cup with a spout
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 small pot
- disposable plastic shot glasses (or small Dixie cups)
- 1 cookie sheet (or another serving platter)
- saran wrap
- If you have not done so already, then you will need to begin by boiling 2 cups of water in a small pot.
- Once the water reaches a boil, pour the gelatin into a mixing bowl, and then add the boiling water as well.
- Whisk the liquid until the gelatin crystals completely dissolve.
- Now you can add in the rest of the ingredients, including 4-6 drops of food coloring, and combine them until the liquid reaches a smooth and even color.
- Fill a cookie sheet or serving platter with the small shot glasses by placing them as close together as possible. This will help to prevent waste and spills.
- Now you can pour the mixture into a spouted measuring cup so that it is easy to pour into small glasses.
- Cover the tray of cannabis edibles, and place them into the fridge for two hours, or until set.
Cannabis-infused mixology: Cannabis vodka drinks
There is a growing trend to infuse alcohol with cannabis. Cannabis vodka is a way of enjoying cannabis without smoking. .
Almost any type of alcohol can be used here. The most popular choices for jello shooters are typically vodka, gin, or whiskey.