Outdoor Season is Here!
let’s make the most of it while it lasts!
Winter time is definitely my favourite time of year out here (stating the obvious I know). When Europe turns frosty, the UAE takes the lead with a different kind of winter wonderland – the sunny kind. This is how to make the most of outdoor season on this side of the world.
1. Hit the beach
Yes, it’s that time again, time to enjoy our time in the sun, to re-stock our supply of vitamin D and vitamin sea, and head to the beach! Take your favourite book along for company or pack a picnic and have brunch on the beach with family and friends.
2. Outdoor exercise
Getting fit in the sun beats the indoor version any day of the week. Go for a walk, a run, a swim; play tennis, football, netball – whatever your form of exercise, see just how motivated you are when you’re doing it outside. Which reminds me… beach volleyball anyone?
3. Hiking & camping trips
It feels good to pack up the car for the weekend and head out to the desert for a little camping and hiking adventure. It’s all about the natural surroundings, the fresh air, absorbing those mountain views and living primitively for a few days – just taking it back to basics. Of course if primitive isn’t really your thing, there are glamping alternatives.
4. BBQ weather
Outdoor weather calls for BBQs, and for the duration of the cooler months, expect to be BBQing pretty much everything you’re eating – beautifully seasoned with that deliciously smoky aroma, dine al fresco with friends and family and make the most of outdoor season. It doesn’t get much better than that really. (Just don’t BBQ on your balconies folks).
5. Boat life
This is probably one of my favourites: boat life. And I don’t just mean sitting on a boat in the middle of the ocean (though that’s not all bad either) – I mean the activity side of things, all the water sports! Wakeboarding, wakesurfing, kite surfing, regular surfing, jet skiing, paddle boarding, sailing – you name it, there’s always a great way to make use of a boat in Dubai’s outdoor season.
When Europe turns frosty, the UAE takes the lead with a different kind of winter wonderland, the sunny kind. This is how to make the most of outdoor season in UAE.
Outdoor Season Information
2020 Outdoor Season
The 2020 Outdoor season is right around the corner, the schedule will be posted April 23, 2020. Please find below some important information for this upcoming season.
Please click link below for Age group and playing dates:
2020 Outdoor Season Parent Handbook:
2020 Outdoor Coaches Handbook:
2020 Outdoor Storm Soccer Tryouts
The 2020 Outdoor Soccer season is right around the corner, if you are interested in trying out for this years Outdoor Storm teams please click on the Storm link below to check out dates and times.
2020 Outdoor Season Carding Dates:
EMSA will be doing Player and Team Official Cards remotely and once we know when the season will commence, the cards will be delivered to the Zone offices for distribution to the team coaches and then the coaches can distribute to the players at end of the outdoor soccer season if it is not cancelled.
EMSA will still be working as usual until further notice remotely. Procedure for ID Cards:
1. Selfie of the Player, Team Officials, with no hats, sunglasses and hands in their faces.
2. One piece of ID for Players which can either be, their Alberta Health Care Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver’s Licence
3. It they know what zone/community they are to play with, they can specify the name (ie. North Zone or Delton Community)
Players and Team Officials can send carding requests with the required attachments. All ID Card emails must be sent to [email protected] and no other email.
Player/Team Official EMSA ID Cards
EMSA ID Cards Mandatory for:
- Community Players: U13 – U19
- Premier Players (Storm): U9 – U19
Team Officials- Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers:
- Community Team Officials: U9 – U19
- Premier Team Officials: U9 – U19
You must have your player/coach card with you or you will not be allowed to play.
If a player/team official participates without an EMSA I.D. card, the game is forfeited.
Refunds and Withdrawals
- To withdraw a player and request a refund, please fill out the REFUND REQUEST FORM and return to the ESESA Registrar at [email protected]
- Refund requests received on or beforethe first game played will be fully refunded.
- Due to Covid-19 we are unsure as to what dates the season will commence so Refund requests received after the first game played will be prorated based on percentage of games played, up to a maximum of 50%, after which no refunds will be issued.
- All fees are 100% non-refundable commencing four weeks after the first game played.
- Storm Fees – 100% non-refundable once your child accepts a position on Storm.
- Please submit the Refund request form to [email protected]
- Updated refund request form
E: [email protected]
EMSA SOUTH EAST
Edmonton South Soccer Centre
6520 Roper Road
2020 Outdoor Season The 2020 Outdoor season is right around the corner, the schedule will be posted April 23, 2020. Please find below some important information